At UKLC we know how important it is for each individual student to find their own path in language learning. Thanks to our long experience in this business we provide a wide range of methods that are able to engage our students effectively, by stimulating their motivation. We know that different learners equal different approaches.
According to their age and needs, students’ motivation must be triggered differently, and this is why we have designed a tailored programme that will satisfy all students who study with us, from the young learners who want to have fun learning English, to the most expert users who want to prepare for an exam or to apply for a university here in the UK. We have three core English options for our students. those being;
1. Communication in Context: UKL4
The first section is called You Can Learn 4, or as we like to call it UKL4, and it comprises of four specific programmes tailored for all of our students. These lessons are communicative and very interactive, and they encourage students to activate their linguistic
- UKL4 FUN (Ages 8-10): Highly engaging lessons that offer a wide range of tailored material and activities. It makes games into lessons and lessons into games.
- UKL4 CONNECTION (Ages 11-14): Very interactive lessons using a variety of methods and media to encourage students to establish connections.
- UKL4 ACTION (Ages 14-17): Interactive multimedia lessons that, using authentic materials, encourage students to activate their knowledge of English and motivate them to communicate through action.
- UKL4 MASTERS (Ages 15-17): Highly communicative lessons where students with a more advanced level of English can engage in real-life situations, comment on current events, write reports, conduct interviews, prepare presentations and give brief talks about
2. Skills & Systems
These lessons are differentiated by level and aim to empower our students’ linguistic awareness and capabilities by thoroughly working on all language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking) and systems (grammar, phonology, lexis, discourse) as well as preparing them to take exams in English (KET, PET, FCE, CAE, TOEFL, IELTS, GESE).
3. CLIL: British Culture
This part of our academic programme focusses on British culture and adopts a CLIL approach. During these lessons, students will learn about British history, geography, literature, and culture and they will also have to chance to get to know more about the places and sights they will visit during their excursions.
We offer classes at four levels from Elementary to Upper Intermediate. Students are given a placement test on their first day of classes to ensure they are placed at the correct level. We also offer a specific test for students with special needs. Examinations
We offer the option of taking the Trinity College London Graded Examination in Spoken English (GESE) on site for courses of 10 days or longer.
From 2017 our courses are available for the following age ranges: 8 – 10, 11 – 14 and 14 – 17*. They can choose from: a specialised young learner programme, an advanced English masters course for older students , a multi activity programme, or at certain centres, a modern dance programme, a drama programme, a tennis programme or premier football. Occasionally it is necessary to zig zag morning and afternoon lessons at some of our centres.
On all of our courses we work exclusively with approved agents, with whom we build long-lasting relationships. If you are looking for a study travel agent in your area, or you would like to become one of our agents, please contact us.
* All students enrolled who are aged 8 to 10 years will follow the Young Learners course for all lessons and activities. Students aged between 11 and 17 who are enrolled on Multi Activity or English Plus courses will be divided by age for activities where numbers allow and it is beneficial to do so. Students aged between 15 and 17 can in some centres choose whether to enroll on the Multi Activity or English Plus course or follow age specific intensive English course.