University of Chester – Parkgate, Chester
Chester is a very modern university but it has a history dating back to 1839. The eclectic mix of modern and historical buildings combine to create an attractive campus, set in a city that was founded as a Roman fort 2000 years ago with the name Deva Vitrix. It is now becoming a must see European destination.
The campus itself is just a short walk away from the vibrant city centre with its mix of cafes, shops and ancient walls, rows, amphitheatre, historic architecture and archaeological features.
Homestay & residential accommodation is available at this centre. Our homestay accommodation is provided through an independent local organisation.
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 3G Astro-turf pitch
- Astro-turf pitch
- Dance studio
- Indoor swimming pool
- Large sports hall
- Homestay (External provider)
- Single en-suites
Excursions can include
- Chester with Chester Cathedral
- Chester with Roman Tour & Cheshire Military Museum
- City Orientation & Walking Tour
- Lake Windermere
- Liverpool with Beatles Museum
- Llangollen Inc Steam Railway
- London (optional)
- Manchester with City of Manchester Stadium Tour
- Wales with Conwy Castle
- 11 - 14 year-olds
- 14 - 17 year-olds