As Specialists in programmes for young people aged 8-17, safeguarding children is fundamental to the way UKLC views and ensures the wellbeing of its students.
We are recognised for our strengths in this area having developed robust systems and processes for managing the welfare of children in our centres.
Steps we take to ensure the welfare of students;
- Our “Operations and Safeguarding Handbook” is distributed to all staff. It is available to agents in the Agent Login Area on the website.
- All staff undergo appropriate background and safeguarding checks
- A dedicated Safeguarding and Welfare Coordinator at every site
- All students are given an induction lesson highlighting the rules for that centre.
- All group leaders are given an induction talk when they arrive which detail their responsibilities towards their group but also as an adult at a residential centre.
- We work with group leaders to ensure their students have a safe and enjoyable stay, taking full responsibility for students when they are in lessons and on scheduled activities.
- We assist group leaders to ensure students’ safety and care outside of scheduled activities and during excursions.
- UKLC staff are available 24 hours a day for any issue that may arise.
- There is an 24 hour emergency number for partner agents, parents and students.
- All students get given a UKLC wristband and lanyard to be worn at all times.
- Individuals are allocated to a member of UKLC staff who will act as their group leader and point of reference at all times.
More detailed information about each of our policies and procedures with regards to safeguarding is available on our website Agent Login Area and our downloadable Operations and safeguarding handbook.