English Plus Sports Leaders
For students aged 16-17 who want more from the summer school experience. The programme aims to give these students a sense of responsibility and a qualification from Sports Leaders UK. The “Go Lead Award” is divided into eight units of work: Unit 1 – What is a Leader?; Unit 2 – Communication; Unit 3 – Organisation; Unit 4 – Working with others; Unit 5 – Improvising; Unit 6 –
Inclusion; Unit 7 – Putting it into practice; Unit 8 – Where to and what next?
Included in our English Plus Sports Leaders Programme:
- 15 hours of English tuition per week
- 9 hours of Sports Leaders sessions per week
- 1 free group leader place for every 15 students
- Full board accommodation in residence or homestay
- Excursions (min. one full-day, one half-day, and one local visit per week)
- Evening activities
- Conversation Clubs are available as an alternative to some evening activities on at least 2 days per week
- End of course certificate
The minimum amount of students to run an English Plus Sports Leaders programme is 10.