English Plus Football
This exciting football course is aimed at players who have the goal of wanting to improve their knowledge of football and English and emulate their footballing heroes like Ronaldo, Messi and Bale. It includes sessions on tactics, playing systems and technical skills. Previous experience not necessary but motivation is!
From 2016 our English plus Football programme is available for the following age ranges: 11 – 14 and 14 – 17*. Occasionally it is necessary to zig zag morning and afternoon lessons at some of our centres.
The programme includes:
- 15 hours per week of English language tuition
- One full day excursion per week
- One half day excursion per week
- Full programme of evening activities
- Weekly football matches
- 12 hours per week of football instruction
- Full board accommodation
- End of course certificate
The Premier Football Programme at the University of Chester is for students who want the ultimate football experience. The course has the same programme details as English Plus Football above but with some special enhancements.
We include workshops and sessions with visiting professional speakers. Previously guests have included an Academy Manager and a Scout from Premier League clubs, a Football Agent, and a former Premier League & International Footballer.
This programme also features football specific excursions including;
- Manchester United Museum & Stadium Tour
- Manchester City Stadium Tour
- Liverpool FC Anfield Stadium Tour
- St Georges Park, the England national team’s training ground
The Premier Football programme will run at the University of Chester.
*Students aged between 11 and 17 who are enrolled on Multi Activity or English Plus courses will be divided by age for activities where numbers allow and it is beneficial to do so. The minimum amount of students to run an English Plus Football programme is 10.